At The Colleton Primary, we recognise the importance of PE and the role it has to play in promoting long term, healthy lifestyles. It is our vision for every pupil to succeed and achieve their potential, as well as to lead healthy and physically active lifestyles.
The intent of our PE curriculum is to provide all children with high quality PE and sport provision. Through P.E, in line with the National Curriculum, our children will study five different areas of sport. These are: Gymnastics, Athletics, Games, Dance and swimming. Within P.E lessons, children will adopt many different roles such as a performer, coach, umpire and leader and explore many different outdoor activities in order for our pupils to reach and exceed their potential. Our PE curriculum therefore enables children to take part and excel in a range of physical activities, giving them the confidence to apply developed knowledge and understanding independently in a range of sports and physical activities.
Our PE curriculum also encourages and provides opportunities for all children to lead healthy and active lifestyles, as well as developing their knowledge and understanding about the importance of this for their wellbeing. We strive to inspire our pupils through fun and engaging PE lessons that are enjoyable, challenging and accessible to all.
It is our aim at The Colleton Primary school to develop and encourage:
- Sporting values such as fairness, respect and leadership
- Pupils to participate and excel in a range of physical activities and sports
- Pupils who are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engagement in competitive sports, activities and extra-curricular sports clubs
- Pupils to lead healthy, active lives
- Opportunities to take part in competitive sport with other schools
- To embed school-based values through participation in sport and PE